Areas of Interest
Dr. Kimmell provides all aspects of neurosurgical care, including surgery for brain and pituitary tumors. He also possesses expertise in the surgical treatment of degenerative diseases and traumatic injuries of the cervical, thoracic and lumbar regions of the spine, including herniated discs and spinal stenosis (narrowing of spaces within the spine).
- University of Oklahoma College of Medicine
- Strong Memorial Hospital of the University of Rochester
- University of Oklahoma
Dr. Kimmell was born in California, grew up in Montana and moved in junior high school to Arizona. A scholarship brought him to the University of Oklahoma, where he graduated Magna Cum Laude and on the Dean's List.
He and his wife moved to the midwest to be closer to family, who live in Oklahoma. Dr. Kimmell's interests outside of work include exploring the outdoors with his family, reading history, cooking without a recipe and listening to classical guitar music
- American Association of Neurological Surgeons
- American College of Surgeons
- American Medical Association
- Congress of Neurological Surgeons
- North American Spine Society
Honors, Awards, etc.
- 2015-2016: Resident Leadership Fellow, Congress of Neurologic Surgeons
- 2015: Integra Foundation Abstract Award, 2015 American Association of Neurological Surgeons Annual Meeting
- 2014-2015: Socioeconomoic Fellow, Council of State Neurosurgical Societies
- 2012: Best Clinical Research Poster, Steven R. Schwid Neuroscience Symposium, University of Rochester Medical Center
- 2011: Mark R. Johnson Excellence in Medical Writing, Oklahoma State Medical Association
- 2008, 2009: Sooner Heritage Scholarship, Oklahoma University Health Sciences Center
- 2007: Medical Student Research Scholarship, American Academy of Neurology
- 2006-2010: University of Oklahoma College of Medicine – Alpha Omega Alpha Honor Medical Society, Dean’s Scholar, Fred S. Clinton Memorial Scholarship, Freda Sorensen Plummer Scholarship and Raymond J. Ott Scholarship