- Year began practicing in specialty:
Areas of Interest
Dr. Hollenbeck has extensive experience in the use of botulinum toxin (BOTOX®) for treatment of migraine headache, as well as other neurological disorders including cervical dystonia, blepharospasm, tremor and spasticity. Additionally, he is well experienced in peripheral neuropathy disorders and EMG. He also has training in vagal nerve stimulation for treatment of epilepsy and deep brain stimulation for Parkinson’s disease. Other areas of interest include dementia, multiple sclerosis and concussion.
- University of Kansas School of Medicine
- UNIVERSITY OF KANSAS MED CENTER
Dr. Hollenbeck grew up in rural Kansas and began private practice in neurology in 1986. He is a founding member of Northland Neurological Associates (now Meritas Health Neurology). He is a former president of the medical staff of North Kansas City Hospital.
Dr. Hollenbeck is married and has five children. He enjoys traveling, cycling, music and spending time with his family.
Teaching or Professional Positions
Dr. Hollenbeck serves as clinical assistant professor in the neurology department at the University of Kansas School of Medicine.
- Am Bd Psychiatry & Neurology (Neurology)
- American Academy of Neurology
- American Medical Association
- Kansas City Medical Society
- Missouri State Medical Association
Honors, Awards, etc.
- American Academy of Neurology Fellow
- Kansas City Ingram's Magazine Top Doc