Turn to Meritas Health Pediatrics for a full range of preventive and wellness services for babies, toddlers, children and teenagers. See why your friends and neighbors in the Northland have been coming to us for more than 30 years.
Your North Kansas City Pediatricians
Trust Meritas Health Pediatrics for coordinated, high-quality care that helps your child grow, develop and thrive.
- We’re recognized as a Patient-Centered Medical Home (PCMH) by the National Committee for Quality Assurance (NCQA). That means you can expect to build a long-term relationship with your pediatrician as you work together to make sure your child gets the right care, in the right amount, at the right time.
- We’re part of the Children’s Health Network. That means we share best practices and collaborate with like-minded pediatricians across the Kansas City area to keep your child healthier.
Our Pediatric Clinic
You’ll appreciate pediatric facilities near you that are designed with your family’s needs in mind. Take advantage of:
- Separate waiting areas for newborns, sick kids, and children who are well
- On-site lactation specialists for breast-feeding moms
- On-site nutrition counseling from a registered dietitian
- Diagnostic imaging and laboratory services located on the same campus
- Behavioral health services located on the same campus
Pediatric Care Services
Learn about our full range of pediatric primary care services, including school and sports physicals.
Prenatal Pediatric Visits
If you’re expecting, schedule a free prenatal visit to get to know us before your baby is born. Join us for an office tour, meet our staff and talk with one of our pediatricians. You’ll learn more about our care philosophy and get answers to questions.
Newborn Hospital Visits
If you deliver your baby at North Kansas City Hospital, St. Luke’s North Hospital–Barry Road or Liberty Hospital, your Meritas Health Pediatrics doctor will visit your baby in the hospital. We have staff privileges at these facilities.
Your Pediatrician Appointments
To help your appointment go as smoothly as possible, please follow these guidelines:
- Bring your insurance card and any applicable copay or co-insurance amounts.
- Bring all medications your child currently takes.
- Arrive 20 minutes before your first appointment, and 15 minutes before all subsequent appointments, so we can verify and update your information.
A parent or legal guardian must accompany all children under 18 years old. If someone other than a legal guardian must bring the child, you must provide us with written permission.
Park in the parking garage adjacent to the Professional Building on the North Kansas City Hospital campus. Our office is on the fifth floor.
Billing & Insurance
Tell the doctor during your child’s appointment if you’ll need any prescription refills before his or her next visit.
To request a refill between appointments, call your pharmacy or mail-order service and they’ll contact us for approval. Submit your refill request several days before you run out of medication; we respond to refill requests only during our business hours.
After-Hours Calls & Emergencies
If you need care outside of our regular office hours, call 816-234-3188 to be connected with Children’s Mercy’s 24/7 Nurse Advice Line. Or dial 816-421-4115 to reach the on-call physician.
In a medical emergency, call 9-1-1.
Patient Registration & Forms
Spend less time at the pediatrician’s office by printing and filling out any necessary forms at home and bringing them to your appointment.
Resources for Parents
Explore the following resources to help you keep your child well: