Develop a comfortable, trusting relationship with a Meritas Health Psychiatry mental health professional who can help you meet your goals. Learn about our compassionate, highly qualified psychiatrists near you.
Your Kansas City Psychiatrists
Psychiatrists are physicians with advanced, specialized training in diagnosing and caring for people with behavioral and mental health conditions. Because they hold medical degrees, they can prescribe and manage medications. All Meritas Health Psychiatry doctors are board certified, so you know they’re knowledgeable about the latest treatments and developments in behavioral and mental health care.
Our Treatment Philosophy
You’ll appreciate our holistic, conservative approach to care. Count on your psychiatrist to provide you with as much information as possible about your condition and your treatment options. We believe that “through more education, there is less medication.” Expect to build a strong connection with your provider as you work together to create a care plan that improves your physical and mental well-being.
Services From Our Psychiatrists
Rely on Meritas Health Psychiatry for care of a wide variety of mental and behavioral health conditions. Our services include:
- Psych evaluations
- Medication management
- Care for anxiety and mood disorders, including depression
- Care for post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD)
- Care for schizophrenia and other psychotic disorders
- Substance abuse treatment
Your Psychiatrist Appointments
To help your appointment go as smoothly as possible, please follow these guidelines:
- Arrange to have your medical records forwarded from your referring physician before your appointment.
- Bring your insurance card and any applicable copay or co-insurance amounts
- Bring a current, complete list of medications.
- Arrive 30 minutes before your first appointment, and 15 minutes before all subsequent appointments, so we can verify and update your information.
Billing & Insurance
Tell your doctor during your appointment if you’ll need any prescription refills before your next visit.
To request a refill between appointments, call your pharmacy or mail-order service and they’ll contact us for approval. Submit your refill request several days before you run out of medication; we respond to refill requests only during our business hours.
After-Hours Calls & Emergencies
If you need immediate care, go to North Kansas City Hospital or your nearest emergency room.
In a life-threatening emergency, call 9-1-1.
Patient Registration & Forms
Spend less time at your doctor’s office by printing and filling out any necessary forms at home and bringing them to your appointment.
Mental Health Resources
Learn more about living well with a mental health condition by exploring the following resources: