Trust the experienced family practice doctors at Meritas Health Vivion when you need excellent primary care for your whole family—from infants and children to adults and seniors. You’ll get education, testing and treatment to stay well throughout life.
Your Kansas City Family Doctors
Visit our highly skilled and compassionate providers for access to the full spectrum of primary care services, including:
- Care for illness care, such as colds, flu and more
- Child and adolescent care, including well-child visits
- Depression screening and care
- Family planning services
- Heart disease prevention education
- Management of heart disease, high cholesterol, diabetes, asthma and other chronic conditions
- School and sports physicals
- Stitches and related care for minor wounds, sprains, injuries and fractures
- X-ray and lab tests—conveniently available on site
- Wellness exams and care for all ages
Learn about all of Meritas Health’s primary care services.
Patient-Centered Medical Home
You can expect coordinated care for your entire well-being because Meritas Health Vivion is a certified Patient-Centered Medical Home (PCMH). Family doctors near you offer the information you need to adopt healthy habits and make informed medical decisions. You know you’re in good hands because readers of the Liberty Tribune voted to award our clinic with the 2016 Bronze Award as Best of the Northland Medical Clinic. In addition, James Marx, DO, received the Best of the Northland Family Practice Physician three years in a row (2014–2016).
Caring for You During Your Hospital Stay
Your primary care physician (PCP) serves as your advocate and guide throughout your health care journey. If you’re hospitalized, you can rely on the partnership between Meritas Health Vivion and a hospital-based physician group to deliver the care you need 24 hours a day, seven days a week.
Medical Care for North Kansas City Schools Employees
Take advantage of a benefit of your employment at North Kansas City Schools and get care for yourself and your family members at Meritas Health Vivion. Services include:
- Lab tests
- Urgent care
Use the Meritas Health NKC Schools service during these hours:
Monday, Wednesday, Friday – 7:30 a.m. to 4 p.m.
Tuesday, Thursday – 9 a.m. to 5:30 p.m.
For more information, contact Meritas Health NKC Schools at 816-691-1488.
Your Family Practice Appointments
To make the most of an appointment with one of our primary care doctors:
- Arrive 15 minutes before your first visit so we can collect, verify or update your information.
- Bring your insurance card and money for copays or co-insurance. (See what insurance providers we accept.)
- Bring a current, complete list of your medications.
To save time during your visit to our family practice office, print and fill out any necessary patient forms at home and bring them to your appointment.
Patient History Forms
Tell your doctor during your appointment if you’ll need prescription refills before your next visit. To request a refill between appointments, call your pharmacy or mail-order service. Submit your refill request several days before you run out of medication; we respond to refill requests only during our business hours.
Billing & Insurance
After-Hours Calls & Emergencies
If you need urgent medical care after business hours, call 816-453-1314 to reach the on-call doctor. Medication refills will not be called in to the pharmacy after hours or on weekends.
In a medical emergency, call 9-1-1.