Meritas Health Platte City provides comprehensive services for people of all ages — from newborns to senior citizens. Our family doctors partner with you throughout your care journey and serve as your advocate and guide. If necessary, they can admit you to North Kansas City Hospital for seamless continuity of care.
Our office is a patient-centered medical home, meaning we'll partner with you to:
- Create a personalized care plan to meet your health goals
- Review, understand and monitor your medications
- Help you follow your care plan
Family Practitioners Near You
Take advantage of the full spectrum of family medicine in the Platte City area, including:
- Management of heart disease, high blood pressure, diabetes and other chronic conditions
- Preventive exams
- School and sports physicals
- Skin lesion removal
- Stitches and minor wound repair
- Well-child care
- X-ray and lab tests
View all Meritas Health’s primary care services.
Caring for Nursing Home Residents
Your family member who lives in a nursing home might receive care from our providers—such as our board-certified geriatrician (a specialist in treating senior citizens). When you have questions about your loved one’s health, call the nursing facility and ask for the daytime charge nurse on his or her unit. Our doctors will try to return your call during a scheduled visit to the nursing home, where they can access medical records and examine your family member. If your question is urgent, call during office hours.
If you or someone you know speaks primarily Spanish, you’ll appreciate our bilingual family doctor, Omar Villanueva, DO.
To make the most of your appointment:
- Arrive 30 minutes before your first visit and 15 minutes before all subsequent appointments so we can collect, verify or update your information.
- Bring your insurance card and money for copays or co-insurance. (See what insurance providers we accept.)
- Bring a current, complete list of your medications.
To save time during your visit to our family practice office, print and fill out any necessary patient forms at home and bring them to your appointment.
Patient History Forms
Tell your doctor during your appointment if you’ll need prescription refills before your next visit. To request a refill between appointments, call your pharmacy or mail-order service. Submit your refill request several days before you run out of medication; we respond to refill requests only during our business hours.
Billing & Insurance
After-Hours Calls & Emergencies
If you need urgent medical care after business hours, call 816-858-2200 to reach the on-call doctor. Medication refills will not be called into the pharmacy after hours or on weekends.
In a medical emergency, call 9-1-1.