When surgery is the best treatment for your condition, turn to the surgeons at Meritas Health Comprehensive Surgery. You can count on us for steadfast, compassionate care that helps you achieve the best possible outcome. Read on to learn more about our North Kansas City surgeons.
Our Surgical Specialties
General surgeons have specialized knowledge and experience treating a wide range of conditions with surgery. Call us when you need a consultation for:
- Bariatric surgery (weight-loss surgery)
- Cancer surgery (surgical oncology), including breast cancer surgery
- Colorectal surgery
- Endocrine surgery
- Gallbladder surgery, hernia surgery and other gastrointestinal (GI) surgeries
Laparoscopic Surgery in Kansas City
Whenever possible, your surgeon will treat your condition with a minimally invasive laparoscopic procedure. That means you benefit from a smaller scar, less pain and a quicker recovery.
Certified, Experienced Surgeons
Trust us for high-quality surgical care near you. All our doctors are both:
- Board-certified, which means they’ve completed years of training and demonstrated knowledge and competence of their specialty, and
- Fellows of the American College of Surgeons (ACS), which means they meet high standards for education, training, professional qualifications, surgical competence and ethical conduct.
Meritas Health Comprehensive Surgery doctors can arrange for your procedure to be performed close to home at one of the following accredited health care facilities:
Count on the team at Meritas Health Comprehensive Surgery to respect your time and make every effort to stay on schedule. To help your appointment go as smoothly as possible, please follow these guidelines:
- Bring your medical records or arrange to have them sent to us before your appointment.
- Bring your insurance card and any applicable copay or co-insurance amounts.
- Bring a current, complete list of medications.
- Arrive 30 minutes before your first appointment, and 15 minutes before all subsequent appointments, so we can verify and update your information.
Park in the parking garage adjacent to the Pavilion on the North Kansas City Hospital campus. Our office is on the sixth floor.
Billing & Insurance
At your office visit, please be sure to inform us of any medicine refills you will need prior to your next visit. Should you require a refill on your current medication between appointments, please contact your pharmacy or mail order service and request a refill. Your pharmacist will contact our office for approval.Refills will only be provided during normal business hours.
After-Hours Calls & Emergencies
If you need urgent care outside of our regular office hours, call 816-455-3990 to reach the on-call doctor, or go to North Kansas City Hospital and they will contact us. Prescription refills will not be called into the pharmacy after hours or on weekends.
In a medical emergency, call 9-1-1.
Patient Registration & Forms
Spend less time at your doctor’s office by printing and filling out any necessary forms at home and bringing them to your appointment.