When you need surgery, call Meritas Health Surgery & Trauma. You can rely on our long-standing, well-established practice for high-quality surgical care near you. Learn more about our Kansas City surgeons.
Our Surgical Specialties
General surgeons use specialized knowledge and experience to treat a wide range treating a wide range of conditions with surgery. Turn to us when you need a consultation for:
- Abdominal surgery
- Gallbladder surgery
- Hernia repair
- Stomach surgery
- Breast cancer surgery, including biopsies and nipple-sparing mastectomy
- Colorectal surgery, including hemorrhoid removal
- Endocrine surgery, including thyroid and parathyroid surgery
Minimally Invasive Surgery in Kansas City
Whenever possible, your surgeon will treat your condition using minimally invasive techniques. That means you benefit from a smaller scar, less pain and a quicker recovery.
Certified, Experienced Surgeons
Trust us for high-quality surgical care near you. All our doctors are:
- Board-certified, which means they’ve completed years of training and demonstrated knowledge and competence of their specialty, and
- Fellows of the American College of Surgeons (ACS), which means they are meet high standards for education, training, professional qualifications, surgical competence and ethical conduct.
In addition, our doctors all hold certification in Advanced Trauma Life Support, so you know they're qualified to immediately evaluate, manage and treat traumatic injuries.
Recognized for Patient Experience
You can expect our friendly staff to help you feel at ease during your visit. For two years in a row, our customer service received five stars—the highest possible award—from Professional Research Consultants, a national health care research organization.
Count on the team at Meritas Health Comprehensive Surgery to respect your time and make every effort to stay on schedule. To help your appointment go as smoothly as possible, please follow these guidelines:
- Bring your medical records or arrange to have them sent to us before your appointment.
- Bring your insurance card and any applicable copay or co-insurance amounts.
- Bring all medications you currently take.
- Arrive 15 minutes before your appointment so we can verify and update your information.
Park in the parking garage adjacent to the Pavilion on the North Kansas City Hospital campus. Our office is on the sixth floor.
Billing & Insurance
During your appointment, tell your doctor if you’ll need any prescription refills before your next visit.
To request a refill between appointments, call your pharmacy or mail-order service and they’ll contact us for approval. Submit your refill request several days before you run out of medication; we respond to refill requests only during our business hours.
After-Hours Calls & Emergencies
If you need urgent care outside of our regular office hours, call 816-463-4000 to reach the on-call doctor, or go to North Kansas City Hospital and they will contact us. Prescription refills will not be called into the pharmacy after hours or on weekends.
In a medical emergency, call 9-1-1.