Schedule an Appointment
Find your doctor today, and schedule an appointment.
Find your doctor
Coping with allergies can be stressful and demanding on your mind and body. At Meritas Health ENT, you’ll work with experienced, dedicated physicians and staff whose primary goal is finding relief for you and your family, no matter the season or circumstance.
What is Allergy Care?
Allergy care focuses on managing disorders of the immune system, which protects your body from disease. Common allergens include:
- Pet dander
Common Allergy Symptoms
- Cough, wheezing or chest congestion
- Difficulty breathing
- Itchy and/or watery eyes
- Itchy skin
- Post-nasal drainage
- Sneezing or nasal congestion
Allergy Conditions We Treat
Through a series of questions and possibly an allergy skin test, your doctor can diagnose and treat a range of conditions, including:
Diagnosing Your Condition
You and your family can take advantage of allergy tests, which will help identify the condition and cause, giving your allergist a clearer path to treatment recommendations. Such tests may include:
- Skin patch testing – Determines what triggers your allergies by pricking or scratching an area of skin with suspected allergens
- Blood tests – Available for patients who take medicine that can interfere with skin testing
Your doctor will determine which allergy test is best for you and may recommend additional tests, if necessary.
Treatment and Care
Meritas Health ENT and Meritas Health Pulmonary Medicine clinics offer thorough, effective treatments for your allergies or asthma, including:
- Allergy shots (immunotherapy, including customized immunotherapy) to prevent future reactions
- Decongestants to keep breathing passages clear
- Education to modify your environment, diet or other allergic triggers
- Skin care to relieve redness, swelling, itching and other symptoms
Your Allergy Specialists
Our ENT and pulmonary specialists work closely with your primary care doctor and providers at North Kansas City Hospital to ensure a comprehensive continuum of care for you and your family.