Lung & Respiratory Care
Understanding Pulmonary Care
Learn more about lung, respiratory and pulmonary care in our health library.
Lung & Airways
Breathe more comfortably and find relief for respiratory conditions at Meritas Health Pulmonary Medicine. Our specialists are skilled at finding the right treatment for your lung condition.
Your pulmonologist — a doctor who specializes in diagnosing and treating lung conditions and diseases — starts your personalized care plan with a consultation and diagnosis.
Conditions We Treat
We treat many lung, respiratory and sleep disorders, including:
Diagnosing Your Condition
Your primary care provider may refer you to a pulmonologist for advanced diagnostic tests, such as:
Lung Treatment and Care
One you have a diagnosis, your doctor will create a customized treatment plan that may include:
- Bronchial thermoplasty – Treats severe asthma
- Cardiopulmonary rehabilitation – Provides education, exercise and support to improve your heart and lung function
- Lung function tests – Allow your doctor to diagnose lung conditions
- Respiratory therapy – Improves your breathing
- Sleep apnea evaluation – Reviews how you breathe during sleep
- Smoking cessation and education – Provides tips and advice for quitting smoking
- Ventilator management – Supports breathing when you can’t breathe on your own