"For me, occupational medicine is sports medicine. My athlete is the worker. The key is to get my patients back to speed as smoothly, comfortably and rapidly as they safely can. Above all else, good patient care is the only thing that matters."
Area Of Interest
Dr. Hutchison has a special interest in injury care.
Education and Training
- University of Kansas School of Medicine
- University of Kansas School of Medicine, Anesthesia
- University of Missouri - Kansas City, Juris Doctorate
- University of Missouri-Kansas City, Psychology
In his free time, Dr. Hutchison likes to do woodworking and reading fiction. He plans to start building and flying radio-controlled airplanes.
Teaching or Professional Positions
- 1994-2019: Clinician, Shawnee Mission Corporate Care Occupational Medicine
- 1982-1989: Clinical Anesthesiologist and Pain Management Specialist, Anesthesia Professional Association, Hays, Kansas
American College of Occupational and Environmental Medicine
Honors, Awards, etc.
Medical Review Officer
National Board of Medical Examiners
American Association of Medical Review Officers
Medical Review Officer Certification Council