As a nurse, I have worked hard to align my practice with that of one of nursing practice’s most influential icons, Florence Nightingale. I feel it is important to provide a safe and caring environment that promotes patient health and well-being. Advocacy for the health of the patient is one of the most powerful tools that can be used to help enhance and propel the caregiving atmosphere.
Area Of Interest
I enjoy all aspects of women’s healthcare. I thoroughly enjoyed working as a high-risk labor and delivery nurse for nine years. I am very passionate about and am excited to practice as a nurse practitioner in women’s care, where I am able to have a direct impact on healthcare. I welcome the challenge that women’s healthcare provides. I strive to have a positive impact and make a difference in my patient’s lives in the way of health promotion, education, maintenance, and treatment of disease and illness. It is my goal to help my patients live well and enjoy healthy lives.
Education and Training
- Rockhurst University/Research College of Nursing, Bachelor of Science, Nursing
- Walden University, Master of Science, Family Nurse Practitioner
In her spare time, Chanell enjoys spending time with her family. She and her husband have six children between them. She also likes reading, spending time outside and traveling on vacation.
Teaching or Professional Positions
- 2016-2019: North Kansas City Hospital Labor and Delivery, nurse
- 2010-2016: Research Medical Center Labor and Delivery, staff nurse and interim charge nurse
- American Association of Nurse Practitioners
- National Society of Leadership and Success