Dr. Orr seeks to diagnose and treat endocrine disorders in an evidence-based fashion while working collaboratively with her patients. The most important person in this collaboration is the patient. "In endocrinology and particularly in diabetes, what the patient knows and does regarding lifestyle choices is often more than what I can do with my prescription pad," she said.
Area Of Interest
Dr. Orr provides comprehensive diabetes and thyroid disease care, as well as treatment of other endocrine disorders, such a pituitary and adrenal disorders. She also cares for men and women with hormone issues.
Education and Training
- University of Missouri Kansas City School of Medicine
- University of Missouri Columbia School of Medicine
- University of Missouri Columbia, Internal Medicine
- University of Missouri Columbia, Anesthesiology
- Kansas University Department of Internal Medicine
- Kansas University Department of Endocrinology and Metabolism
In her free time, Dr. Orr likes to spend time with grandchildren and her pets. One of her hobbies is knitting, and she even has a spinning wheel to make her own yarn.
- American Diabetes Association
- Endocrine Society