- Year joined staff:
Area Of Interest
The combination of having been self-employed as a family physician, firefighter, police officer, and chemist with a laboratory that did drug screening provides Dr. Brown with the expertise to understand the needs of both his patients and their employers.
Education and Training
- Kansas City University of Medicine and Biosciences
- Rocky Mountain Hospital, Rotating Internship
- University of Missouri-Kansas City
Dr. Brown, who has lived in the Northland for almost 10 years, has grown children. In his spare time, he enjoys photography and water sports.
Teaching or Professional Positions
- 2004-2017: Chairman of Ambulatory Care, Shawnee Mission Medical Center
- 2000-2017: Medical Director, Shawnee Mission CorporateCare, Occupational Medicine
- 2000-2015: Medical Director, Shawnee Mission Urgent Care
- 1997-2000: Physician, Shawnee Mission CorporateCare, Occupational Medicine
- 1991-1997: Founder and Medical Director, Occupational Health Centers
- 1984-1991: Physician, Occupational Medicine, Occupational Medicine Associates
- 1981-1997: Private Family Practice, Overland Park
Dr. Brown also served as a firefighter with the U.S. Air Force. He has served as the Fire Department physician for the Kansas City Fire Department and other departments, medical director of Kansas City Power & Light, medical director of SYSCO Foods, medical consultant for the City of Overland Park's Health Insurance Appeals Board, a police officer with the City of Olathe, and a chemist with Children's Mercy Hospital's Toxicology Laboratory. He also performs Medical Review Officer services for companies both in the Kansas City area and nationwide.
Honors, Awards, etc.
- American Association of Medical Review Officers, Medical Review Officer
- National Registry of Certified Medical Examiners