Area Of Interest
Dr. Brown provides primary care and enjoys treating entire generations of families. He builds relationships with his patients by sharing information that helps them make better choices. He is experienced in several areas, including diabetes management, high blood pressure, newborn and pediatric care, nutrition counseling, skin biopsies and related procedures, weight management, and women's health.
Education and Training
- Kirksville College of Osteopathic Medicine
- Truman Medical Center - Lakewood
- Brigham Young University
Dr. Brown's interests outside of work include spending time with his wife and six children, serving his church, running and photography. An avid beekeeper, Dr. Brown manages up to 10 hives near his Northland home.
Teaching or Professional Positions
- 2013-2018: Mosaic Life Care/Heartland Regional Medical Center, Assistant Chief Medical Informatics Officer
- 2011-2012: Truman Medical Center-Lakewood, Clinical Informatics Liaison; HIT Committee for the Patient-centered Medical Home Committee Chair; Electronic Medical Records Taskforce; and Faculty and Resident Development
- AB Preventative Med (Clinical Infomatics)
- Am Bd Family Medicine
American Osteopathic Association: Previously served on the Bureau of Communications, Strategic Planning Committee, Council of Interns and Residents, and Bureau of Federal Health Programs
Kansas City Regional Osteopathic Medical Association: Served as Alternate Board Representative and Secretary
Missouri Association of Osteopathic Physicians and Surgeons: Serves serves as 2nd Vice President and Convention Chair. Previously served Health Information Technology Committee (Chair), American Osteopathic Association (Delegate of the House), Bylaws and Strategic Planning Committee, and Legislative Committee
Missouri Society of the American College of Osteopathic Family Physicians: Served the Board of Trustees
Honors, Awards, etc.
"My wife and I would highly recommend Dr. Brown to anyone seeking a primary care physician. He is very professional, personable and caring about our overall health and well-being."
~ Google Review from Jon