Area Of Interest
Dr. Farrar has a special interest in atrial fibrillation, hypertension, syncope, transesophageal echocardiography and valvular heart disease.
Education and Training
- UMKC School of Medicine
- University of Cincinnati Medical Center
When away from the office, Dr. Farrar enjoys traveling, bird hunting, dining out and learning more about history.
Teaching or Professional Positions
Cardiovascular Subcommittee: Chairman
Chest Pain Center: Director
Continuing Medical Education Committee: Chairman
Noninvasive Arterial Vascular Laboratory: Co-director
Noninvasive Cardiovascular Laboratory: Medical director
- Am Bd Int Med (Cardiovascular Disease)
- Am Bd Internal Medicine
- National Bd of Echocardiography(Adult Echo)
- American Board of Internal Medicine (Cardiovascular Disease) Diplomate
- American College of Cardiology Fellow
- American Society of Echocardiography Fellow
- National Board of Medical Examiners Diplomate
Honors, Awards, etc.
Dr. Farrar has twice received the Physician's Recognition Award from the American Medical Association. He graduated from the University of Missouri with distinction. he also was an Eagle Scout and achieved Shaman with the Tribe of Mic-O-Say.