When you live with lung disease or a respiratory condition, you want expert, personalized care that helps you breathe easier so you can enjoy a higher quality of life. That’s exactly what you’ll find at Meritas Health Pulmonary Medicine.
Your Kansas City Lung Doctors
With eight doctors dedicated to lung care at our North Kansas City practice, you’ll find a pulmonologist near you when your condition can’t wait for a routine appointment. And because all our physicians are board-certified in pulmonary medicine, you can feel confident that they’re knowledgeable about the latest advances in lung care.
Sleep Medicine Specialists
If you experience breathing difficulties during sleep, turn to one of our board-certified sleep medicine specialists. We provide comprehensive care for sleep disorders, including sleep apnea.
Our Pulmonology Services
Count on your Meritas Health Pulmonary Medicine doctor for a full range of pulmonary tests and treatments, including:
- Noninvasive and minimally invasive diagnostic tests, so you can get an accurate, timely diagnosis with as little disruption to your daily life as possible
- Asthma treatments, including bronchial thermoplasty, a minimally invasive procedure that reduces severe asthma attacks
- Comprehensive lung and respiratory system care
- Sleep apnea and other sleep disorder treatments
Your Pulmonologist Appointment
To help your appointment go as smoothly as possible, please follow these guidelines:
- Arrange to have your medical records forwarded from your referring physician before your appointment.
- Bring your insurance card and any applicable copay or co-insurance amounts.
- Bring a current, complete list of medications.
- Arrive 15 minutes before your appointment so we can verify and update your information.
Park in the parking garage adjacent to the Pavilion on the North Kansas City Hospital campus. Valet parking is available at the Pavilion entrance. Our office is on the sixth floor.
Billing & Insurance
Prescription Refill Request
Tell your doctor during your appointment if you’ll need any prescription refills before your next visit.
To request a refill between appointments, call your pharmacy or mail-order service and they’ll contact us for approval. Submit your refill request several days before you run out of medication; we respond to refill requests only during our business hours.
After-Hours Calls & Emergencies
If you need urgent care from your pulmonologist outside of our regular office hours, call 816-691-5098 to reach the on-call physician, or go to North Kansas City Hospital and they will contact us. Prescription refills will not be called into the pharmacy after hours or on weekends.
In a medical emergency, call 9-1-1.
Patient Registration & Forms