Build a long-term relationship with an experienced general practitioner at Meritas Health Richmond—your rural health care center for family medicine and internal medicine in Ray County since 1988. When you need excellent primary care for your whole family—newborns to seniors—choose the doctors and nurse practitioners who live near you to get the education, testing and treatment you need to stay well throughout life.
Your Kansas City Family Doctors
Take advantage of our extended office hours and Saturday morning clinic hours for appointments to visit our providers and receive individualized, holistic health care. You’ll gain access to the full spectrum of family medicine, including:
- Acute illness care
- Child and adolescent care, including well-child visits
- Depression screening and care
- Family planning services
- Heart disease prevention education
- Management of heart disease, high cholesterol, diabetes, asthma and other chronic conditions
- School and sports physicals
- Skin lesion removal and other minor surgery services
- Stitches and related care for minor wounds, injuries and fractures
- X-ray, EKG (electrocardiograms) and lab tests—conveniently available on site
- Commercial driver health exams—provided by a physician certified as a medical examiner by the U.S. Department of Transportation (DOT)
- Wellness exams and care for women and men
Learn about all of Meritas Health’s primary care services.
Pulmonary Care Near You
For expert care of the lungs, respiratory tract and conditions related to breathing, choose Daniel Paul, MD, our board-certified specialist in pulmonary medicine and internal medicine. To attend his special consultation sessions on Tuesdays from 1 to 5 p.m. at Ray County Memorial, call 816-470-5432.
Your Family Practice Appointment
To make the most of an appointment with one of our primary care doctors:
- Arrive 30 minutes before your first visit and 15 minutes before all subsequent appointments so we can collect, verify or update your information.
- Bring your insurance card and money for copays or co-insurance. (See what insurance providers we accept.)
- Bring a current, complete list of your medications.
To save time during your visit to our family practice office, print and fill out any necessary patient forms at home and bring them to your appointment.
Patient History Forms
Tell your doctor during your appointment if you’ll need prescription refills before your next visit. To request a refill between appointments, call your pharmacy or mail-order service. Ask your pharmacy about electronic prescription refills (E-Prescription). Submit your refill request several days before you run out of medication; we respond to refill requests only during our business hours.
Billing & Insurance
After-Hours Calls & Emergencies
If you need urgent medical care after business hours, call 816-776-2201 to reach the on-call doctor. Medication refills will not be called in to the pharmacy after hours or on weekends.
In a medical emergency, call 9-1-1.