Where to Go for Care
Emergency or Urgent Care vs. Convenient Care
We realize illnesses and injuries don't always happen during your doctor's business hours. Meritas Health primary care offices, Meritas Health Express clinics, Meritas Health Urgent Care and North Kansas City Hospital’s Emergency Department offer a range of healthcare services to meet your every need. With input from your doctor and the resources below, you can choose what's right for you.
Meritas Health Medical Offices
- Doctor knows your medical history
- Monitors and manages your health
- Provides preventive care
- Refers to specialists
- Asthma, allergies, diabetes, blood pressure and other chronic conditions
- Back pain, broken bones, burns, cuts, eye injuries and sprains
- Colds, earaches, fevers, flu, migraines, rashes and sore throats
- Routine health exams, physicals and vaccinations
Yes, although some same-day appointments are available.
Meritas Health has more than 35 locations.
Meritas Health Express
- Walk-in for minor illnesses and injuries (adults and children 18 months and older)
- Evening and weekend hours
- Staffed by nurse practitioners
- Located in local Hy-Vee stores
- Blood pressure screenings
- Cold and flu symptoms
- Earaches, sore throats and sinus infections
- Minor illnesses and injuries
- Physical exams
- Urinary tract infections
- Wellness screenings
Monday-Friday, 8 a.m.-8 p.m.
Saturday-Sunday, 8 a.m.-5 p.m.
Meritas Health Express is closed Thanksgiving, Christmas and Easter.
Meritas Health Express Gladstone
7117 N. Prospect Ave.
Gladstone, MO 64119
Meritas Health Express Liberty
109 N Blue Jay Dr.
Liberty, MO 64068
Meritas Health Express 64th Street
5330 NW 64th St.
Kansas City, MO 64151
Meritas Health Gashland Urgent Care
- Immediate care for urgent, but not life-threatening, conditions
- Evening and Saturday hours
- Staffed by doctor
- Allergic reactions
- Eye injuries
- Minor wounds
- Muscle and bone injuries
- Severe pain
- Skin conditions
- Strep throat
- Vomiting and diarrhea
Patients are seen on a walk-in basis for urgent care needs only. Prescriptions for pain medications are not given during after-hours care.
Monday-Friday: 3-8 p.m.
Saturday: 9 a.m.-3 p.m.
Sunday: 10a.m.-3 p.m.
9411 N Oak, Suite 100
Kansas City, MO 64155
Meritas Health Gashland also is open from 7:30 a.m.-5 p.m., Monday-Friday, for clinic appointments. The practice provides comprehensive care in pediatrics, internal medicine, gynecology, cancer screening, minor surgery, nutritional counseling, preventive medicine and gerontology.
North Kansas City Hospital Emergency Department
- Treats serious and life-threatening conditions
- Open 24/7
- Staffed by physicians, nurses and other providers
- Broken bones
- Chest pain or stroke symptoms
- Difficulty breathing or shortness of breath
- Face or eye trauma
- Serious injuries or burns
- Stomach pain (severe)
- Uncontrolled bleeding
2800 Clay Edwards Drive
North Kansas City, MO 64116
Located on the north side of the North Kansas City Hospital campus
Many of our locations are near North Kansas City Hospital, a 451-bed acute care hospital located at I-35 and Armour 210. Together, North Kansas City Hospital and Meritas Health’s network of physicians provide care in nearly every area of medicine.
When you are part of the Meritas Health network, your electronic medical record is automatically connected to other Meritas Health and North Kansas City Hospital physicians, resulting in seamless, coordinated care.
Call 911 if you are experiencing a life-threatening emergency.
* Please consult your insurance provider for your copay.