Diabetes and Endocrinology
Caring for Diabetes
View the care plan to keep your self-checks on schedule.
Diabetes Care Plan
Your endocrine system produces hormones that regulate many of your body’s internal processes, including your metabolism, blood sugar levels, growth, mood and reproduction. The physicians and care team at Meritas Health Endocrinology evaluate and treat your condition by offering solutions to help you live a more comfortable and healthier life. We work closely with North Kansas City Hospital to provide you and your family the care you need close to home.
Conditions We Treat
You’ll find comprehensive endocrinology care for many conditions, including:
- Bone loss (osteoporosis)
- Diabetes – Type 1, Type 2 and gestational
- Endocrine tumors
- Growth disorders
- High blood pressure (hypertension)
- High cholesterol and lipid disorders
- Metabolic disorders
- Pituitary and adrenal gland disorders
- Thyroid disorders, including thyroid cancer
Diabetes — a condition caused by either your body’s inability to make insulin (Type 1 diabetes) or your body does not make or use insulin well (Type 2 diabetes) — can be difficult to understand and manage since it affects so many body functions.
Whether you’re newly diagnosed with diabetes or you’ve been managing the condition for several years, you’ll benefit from our comprehensive support, with services such as:
- Diabetes education, including classes or support groups
- Insulin education and guidance
- Nutritional counseling
- Referrals to other services, such as podiatry or wound care, when needed
Caring for Diabetes
View the diabetes care plan to keep your self-checks on schedule.
Managing Your Health
Live well with an endocrine condition by practicing healthy habits:
- Eat a diet of fruits, vegetables and healthy fats
- Exercise regularly
- Manage your medications effectively, and work with your doctor for options
- Monitor your blood glucose level regularly, if necessary