Your primary care provider (PCP) is your main healthcare provider, helping you stay on a path to a healthy life and finding solutions for your conditions and concerns.
Patient-centered Medical Home
You benefit from being part of a patient-centered medical home at Meritas Health. Here, you’re the most important member of your care team. You’re encouraged to ask questions and talk openly about any concerns you have regarding your care and treatment. Primary care ensures you and your family are leading a healthy lifestyle and getting the comprehensive care you deserve.
We have family medicine and internal medicine doctors. Family medicine doctors care for people of all ages. Internal medicine doctors see patients 18 years old and older.
Meritas Health PCPs work closely with Meritas Heath specialists and North Kansas City Hospital, ensuring your care is close to home.
Your Primary Care Team
You may work directly with a medical doctor (MD) or doctor of osteopathic medicine (DO) for your primary care, or you may receive care from a:
- Nurse practitioner (NP)
- Physician assistant (PA)
Care For You and Your Family
Primary care doctors provide a wide range of services and treatments, such as:
Benefits of Primary Care
Your PCP not only provides care for common medical illnesses or conditions, but also:
- Helps you manage chronic conditions through medical treatments and nutrition and wellness recommendations
- Keeps track of changes in your health to give you the best treatment
- Provides preventive measures to support your general health and well-being
- Refers you to specialized care and treatment when needed
- Streamlines communication among other providers to ensure your route to care is consistent and comprehensive